AJ – Use only the freshest local asparagus for this raw asparagus salad. I tossed a handful of red beet micro greens over the asparagus for a spectacular splash of color.
Shaved Asparagus Salad
Recipe type: salad
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black, to taste
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1 ounce aged Tuscan-style pecorino cheese, shaved
- ⅓ cup microgreens
- Shave asparagus into long thin strands using a vegetable peeler or mandolin. Soak the strands in a large bowl of ice water for one hour. Drain well and dry with paper towels.
- To make the dressing combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Whisk until blended. Pour the dressing over the asparagus and toss well. Arrange over a bed of salad greens, top with shaved pecorino cheese and micro greens.
- Serve immediately